"For our customers and us, CE marking is an important milestone and of far-reaching strategic significance. We are thus providing the basis for the systemic safety of our products in connection with the Machinery Directive. Our customers and partners are among the first to benefit."
The complex CE conformity procedure, which manufacturers or distributors of safety fence systems must go through before commissioning in accordance with the MRL (Machinery Directive), includes the following requirements:
1. safety components comply with the applicable essential health and safety requirements
2. all technical documentation is available
3. all relevant information (operating instructions) is available
4. carry out conformity assessment procedures incl. complete procedural documentation
5. issue and transmit EC declaration of conformity
6. affix CE marking to protective fence system.
According to the current guideline for the application of the Machinery Directive, protective fence systems are defined as so-called safety components. According to the directive, one speaks of a relevant safety component requiring CE marking if
it serves to ensure a safety function
it is placed on the market separately
the failure and/or malfunction endangers the safety of persons
it is not necessary for the functioning of the machine or can be replaced by components usual for the functioning of the machine